Yes, the geek can cook as well. Since this is my first post in this blog, I will ease myself into it with this delicious veggie treat. To get started you will need to following:
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Garlic, the more the better (for me). Optional or 3 cloves for you.
- 2 table spoons of Oyster Sauce.
- A teaspoon of white sugar. Optional if you don't have it.
- 1 table spoon of salted soy bean, I usually rinse it once, in cold water, and keep the beans only. This will reduce the salt content.
- A head of broccoli or equivalent (alternatives: Chinese broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or any other veggies you like).
- 4 dried red Thai chili pepper. Optional.
- Add oyster sauce, sugar, crushed salted soy beans to your veggie.
- Using a wok or frying pan to heat oil.
- Add crushed garlic until lightly brown.
- Add Thai chili
- Before the Thai chili burns, add the mixture from #1 and stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!
** To reserve the crunchiness, be careful not to over cook.