Not only that we solve business problems, when we are away from our cubicles we also eat. Yes, we eat, aaaalot! Today we have, an authentic, fire breathing, shrimp paste fried rice recipes from our in-house guru, the one who can make Complexity Simplified. As you will find out, this recipes will never be found in a Thai Restaurant outside of Thailand. So if you are ready, here we go.
- Shrimp paste.
- 3 cups of cooked long grain rice.
- Fish sauce
- Two shallots.
- 4 oz of lean port (for health conscious, politically correct). For me? Little fat is more flavorful.
- 3 cloves of garlic, of course.
- cooking oil, your pick.
- 1 Lime
- 5 fresh Thai chili. Jalapenos is okay if you can't find fresh Thai chili.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup of soup stock (chicken or pork)
- White sugar. BTW, you'll find that this is used quiet a bit in Thai cooking.
Thai Scrambled Eggs
- Heat 3 table spoons of cooking oil in a wok or a frying pan.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, and 2 eggs.
- Fry in hot wok from step 1 until golden brown on both sides. **Important: do not stir. Just flip over.
- Put on plate.
- 4 oz. sliced pork in 1/3 in. thickness.
- Marinade pork in 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1 table spoon of white sugar for 15-20 minutes.
- Fried until lightly brown.
- Mix soup stock with 2 teaspoons of shrimp paste and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Heat cooking oil in wok until hot.
- Add 3 crushed garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Lower heat to low then add 3 cups of cook rice.
- Add mixed soup base from step 1 and mix thoroughly.
- Add fish sauce to taste. **IMPORTANT. Be careful. The shrimp paste is already salted.
Chop chili pepper, cut the fried pork, and fried eggs and serve with a slice of lime as shown in the picture. Enjoy!!! and let me know how it turn out.